Spiced Apple Cake
Spiced apple cake:
- 250 gm butter
- 3 - 4 apples (could also use pears)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon (could I also have mixed spice avaliable)
- 1 cup sultanas
- icing sugar to use for dusting
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Grease the sides of a 26cm diameter cake tin and line the base with baking paper
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Remove from heat and mix in apples and sugar then eggs.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sultanas, stirring just enough to blend evenly. It will be quite runny.
- Spread into the prepared tin and bake until risen and golden on top. About 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Allow to cook for 15 minutes before turning out and dusting with icing sugar. Can be served with cream or custard
Originally an Annabel Langbein recipe