Plum and Yoghurt Cake
- 125g butter
- 150g white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150g white flour
- 1.5tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 50g ground almonds
- 220g natural yoghurt
- 1 x 850g can black doris plums, drained and stones removed
- Preheat oven to 180*C and grease and line a 24cm spring form pan (or use two standard 22cm cake tins)
- Drain the plums in a sieve, and remove the stones (you can break the plums into large pieces as you do this) and set aside.
- Cream the butter and the sugar very well, until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix gently to combine (I use my cake mixer on the lowest setting here) then add the yoghurt and almonds. Mix until combined.
- Press plums cut side up into the top of the cake mixture.
- Bake for approximately one hour until golden, then leave the cake in the oven once it is turned off, for about another half hour. Remove from the oven and cool completely before removing from the tin. Dust with icing sugar and serve with yoghurt, or ice with cream cheese icing.
More posts from this episode