Key Lime Pie
- 1 ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Whipped cream
Make the Crust
- In a large bowl, mix the graham crackers and sugar.
- Slowly pour in the butter. Mix crust ingredients until the butter is evenly distributed.
- Prepare a greased 9-inch springform pan by wrapping aluminum foil around the bottom of them to prevent leakage from the water bath.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan.
Make the Cheesecake Filling
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Place a large shallow pan filled with 1/2 inch of water into the oven to create a water bath.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Gradually beat in the sugar, sour cream, flour, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the eggs and lime juice and continue to beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the springform pan.
- Place the pan into the water bath in the oven.
- After 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 50-60 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to cool for four hours or more.
- Serve with whipped cream.
More posts from this episode