Episode 6 - Date & Ginger Cups
- 115g Butter
- 150g Plain Flour
- 130g Ground Almonds
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of Slat
- 2 tsp Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1 Cup Dates (blended with ½ Cup Hot Water)
- ¼ Cup Whole Milk
- 1/3 Cup Sliced Almonds
- Icing Sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C fan-bake. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cupcake cases.
- Melt the butter gently over a low heat in a saucepan, stirring only occasionally with a whisk until the milk solids sink to the bottom and mixture starts to turn golden brown; this should take approximately 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the dry ingredients and the ginger, then gradually add the brown butter, eggs, puréed dates and milk. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake cases – they should be about two-thirds full – then sprinkle each one with some of the sliced almonds.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden in colour and springy to the touch. They are ready when a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a cooling rack and dust with icing sugar when cool.
More posts from this episode