Jump to navigation
- Puff pastry cut in rounds
- 2 onions
- beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 tin tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Hard boiled eggs
- A handful of stuffed olives
- 1k lard for frying
- Cut the pastry into rounds about the size of a saucer.
- Chop onions and garlic and fry in pan with olive oil.
- Add beef mince and brown, Then add one third of a tin of tomatoes, a pinch of oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to stir until the meat is cooked.
- Chop the hard boiled eggs and add to mixture along with the stuffed olives.
- Set aside.
- In a deep frypan melt the lard.
- Place a spoonful of the meat mixture in the centre of each pastry round and fold pastry to cover the meat.
- Seal the edge by crimping the pastry edge.
- Fry in hot lard until golden.
- Drain the empanadas on paper towelling and serve.