Ep 12 - Deconstructed Pavlova
Deconstructed Pavlova - Purini kahu wewete
- 5 egg whites size 7 kahu heki
- ½ cup sugar huka
- 1 tspn vanilla essence hā wanera
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut kokonati maroke
- 1 cup cream kirīmi
- 2 tblspns passion fruit syrup miere hua ripeka
- Petals of 3 edible flowers kai putiputi
- 25 gms dehydrated fruit hua maroke
- Whisk egg whites and slowly add sugar during the whisking process, add vanilla essence and whisk until peaks form.
- Lightly grease oven tray and lay a sheet of greaseproof paper over tray. You can grease the greaseproof paper also if you wish.
- Spread mixture over the paper evenly (about 1cm deep) with a spatula and sprinkle coconut over the top.
- Bake at 180°C for approximately 10-15mins until lightly golden brown.
- Place on rack to cool.
- When pavlova is cold evenly spread over 1 cup of whipped cream, and sprinkle with dehydrated fruit and roll into a roulade.
- Let it sit to stick together for a few minutes.
- Slice into 8 pieces.
Cherry Compote - Tieri ranu huka
- 1 cup frozen cherries, tieri mātao
- ½ cup sugar, huka
- In small sauce pan bring the cherries and sugar to the boil, simmer for 4mins and leave to cool.
- To serve place 2 pieces of pavlova on the plate, spoon cherry compote onto plate, add passionfruit syrup and edible flowers and crushed dehydrated fruit.
More posts from this episode