Jump to navigation
Warm Venison Salad with Balsamic Chocolate
- 2 venison tenderloins, silverskin removed salt and cracked black pepper 1 tbsp oil
- 4x shallots – diced finely
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 rashers of smokey streaky bacon
- 2 pears bunch of well washed rocket and watercress
- ½ cup of fresh pine nuts - toasted
- 100g dark chocolate
- ¼ cup Balsamic
- ¼ cup of cream
- Heat a hot cast iron pan or heavy pan with olive oil and shallots, cook until translucent.
- Season tenderloins with salt and pepper and place onto the hot pan.
- Sear until nicely brown and add the red wine.
- Turn heat to low and continue to cook for at least 7 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside the jus for the dressing.
- Rest and slice tenderloins into thick slices across the grain.
- For the salad, cut bacon into thin matchsticks and fry on the hot plate until crispy.
- Core and thinly slice pears top to bottom, then fry in the pan, along with the pine nuts until lightly coloured.
- For the dressing, place the pan with the jus onto a low heat and add chocolate.
- Stir with wooden spoon until melted.
- Slowly add balsamic throughout this process.
- Once chocolate is melted, stir in cream.