Sydney City Oysters
Blue Oysters Kilpatrick
• 2 cups rock salt
• 24 oysters, shucked
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 200g streaky bacon, finely diced
• 250g blue vein cheese
• ¼ cup roasted walnuts, crushed.
• ¼ cup liquid honey
• Bunch of flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
• 3x lemons – cut into wedges
• Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
• Place rock salt, in a thick layer, on a baking tray or heatproof plate.
• Arrange oysters (in their half shells) on rock salt.
• Sprinkle Worcestershire sauce over oysters.
• Add bacon.
• Grill for 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
• Break up blue cheese and add generously with the liquid honey onto the oysters and grill for a further 1 minute.
• Sprinkle with parsley and crushed roasted walnuts.
• Serve with lemon wedges.