Fluffy Whitebait Fritters (Whitebait in two tasty ways)
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 8 minutes
WINE MATCH: Kakariki Estate Chardonnay 2013
- ½ kg whitebait
- 3 egg whites, beaten to soft peaks
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil & butter mix – enough to cook the fritters in.
- Dill, lemon cheek to garnish
1. Whisk egg whites to form peaks.
2. Add salt, zest & whitebait and fold gently to combine.
3. Heat the oil/butter and cook in spoonful’s over a medium- low heat until golden and puffy. Add extra oil/butter mix to pan between batches as required.