- 2 x 250gms scotch fillet
- Splash Worcestershire sauce
- Squeeze lemon juice
- 4 oysters
- 2 medium potatoes
- Market greens to serve
- Olive oil
- Splash cognac or brandy
- Splash beef stock
- 1 tablespoon of butter
1. Sprinkle the oysters with Worcestershire sauce, squeeze of lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 30mins.
2. Using a sharp knife, create a pocket by moving the knife back and forth inside each steak big enough to insert oysters. Do this at the fatty part of the steak.
3. Insert oysters. Rest a short while for flavours to meld.
4. Heat fry pan with oil. Cook until medium rare (longer if you prefer medium).
5. Add a splash of cognac or brandy until almost evaporated, then add beef stock until reduced by half.
6. Whisk in butter.
7. Serve with mashed potatoes and asparagus