Jump to navigation
Pamelas Spiced Pear Cake
- 40g butter
- 40g sugar
- 1 egg
- 60ml hot milk
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 120g self raising flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 pear pieces
- 1 filo pastry
- 1 icing sugar
- 1 maple custard 1 spring blossom
- Pre‐heat oven to 220 degrees.
- Prepare baking mould, wipe bottom and side with oil and lay baking paper down then dust with flour.
- Line with buttered filo pastry, Shape the precooked pear halves.
- In a small bowl cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and beat into the cake mix.
- Boil the milk, add the baking soda till it froths up then add it to the cake mix.
- Sift in the flour and spices, Pour the cake mix into the filo pastry mould.
- Tuck the pears into the cake mix.
- Bake cake for 15‐20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven allow to cool.
- Present on the plate with maple custard, blossom and icing sugar.