Chicken and Vegetable Spring Roll
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 120g chicken
- 1 Oil (for chicken and vegetables)
- ½ tsp ginger (crushed)
- ½ tsp garlic (crushed)
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 flat mushroom
- Spring roll wrappers
- Oil for cooking the rolls
- Mix the soy and wine together, stir in the sugar until dissolved, leave aside
- Cut the chicken breast into Julienne, season well, leave aside
- Then cut the carrot and the pepper into julienne, leave aside
- In a hot pan add the oil and heat up quickly, add the garlic and ginger.
- Add the chicken and quickly stir fry until the chicken is almost cooked, this will not take long. Add the carrot and red pepper and continue to cook
- Add the seasoning mixture to the pan to thicken and flavour the mixture. Thickening will almost happen immediately so keep a close eye on everything till it thickens slightly then remove from the heat.
- Carefully arrange the wrappers on the bench and start making the rolls gluing the ends with flour and water to make a paste to stick the ends of the rolls together.
- In a deep pan heat some oil, when the oil is heated correctly, add the rolls one at a time so that they cook quickly and evenly to a crisp golden brown colour for about 7 to 8 minutes
- Drain on paper towels – serve with soy sauce