Kokonda - Serves 6
- 1 rainbow runner fillet, about 1kg, skinned and pin boned (or you could use snapper, blue eye trevalla or tuna)
- Juice of 2 large limes
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 4 small green chillies, chopped
- 20g candied nutmeg, finely diced
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 250ml (1 cup) coconut cream
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- ½ bunch coriander sprigs, to serve
- Cut the fish into 1cm pieces and place in a bowl with the lime juice. Toss to coat, then stand for 30 minutes or until the fish turns opaque.
- Add the onion, chilli, candied nutmeg and tomatoes and combine well, then add the coconut cream and pepper and season to taste with salt. Serve immediately, scattered with coriander sprigs.