Episode 8 - Heather Skipworth
Type of Exercise: Buttocks, legs and core.
Intensity level: Low impact
Instructor: Heather Skipworth accompanied by her husband Wayne and their pēpi Corinne-Waiora.
Bio: Heather Skipworth is the Founder of Iron Māori, the successful sporting event/healthy lifestyles movement created in 2009, as well as a mother of three.
Main exercise moves that feature in this episode:
- Pana ringaringa ki te tuanui = Arms pushing to the roof
- Pona ki runga = Knees up
- Whakamahia te kōpū = Abdominal work
- Arawhata = Bridge / Plank
- - Post-birth it’s important to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles by doing low impact abdominal exercises.
- - Always spend at least 10 minutes stretching after a hard workout.