Episode 16 - Jamus Webster
Type of Exercise: Whare Tapere , Mau Rākau
Intensity level: High impact
Instructor: Jamus Webster
Bio: Jamus Webster (Te Arawa) is a Maori Weaponry expert, Mau Rakau instructor and TV presenter. Recently he has been involved in a Māori-language play which opened the ‘Globe to Globe’ Shakespeare festival in London, Māori performance in Dubai and TV shows Ki Rakau and Patapātai.
Main exercise moves that feature in this episode:
- Rakau takahuri = Turning of the stick
- Tītītōrea = Short stick game
- Tipatapata = Quick running on tiptoe
- Awhiowhio = Whirlwind. In this case going around in circle
- Titahataha = Running side to side
- Kawititanga o te ringa = Strengthening of the forearms
- Whakahoro rakau = Sequential movements
- - Integrating your upper and lower body is good for our coordination.