Pickled Cucumber Salad
Pickled cucumber salad with salmon
- 1 200 grm salmon fillet
- 1 cucumber (sliced thin)
- 420grm tin white butter beans (strained)
- 1/2 red onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 bunch coriander
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 cup greek yoghurt
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs cumin
- 1 Tbs dried coriander
- flakey sea salt
- oil for frying
- salt and pepper
- Place cucumber into a bowl and heavily season with flakey sea salt let sit for 10-20 mins then rinse under cold water and strain off excess liquid by squeezing place into clean bowl.
- Into another bowl place yoghurt and spices with sugar and the juice of a lemon then add onion and beans add cucumber and mix well season to taste and set aside.
- Lightly oil salmon and season cook in a pan skin side down until lightly golden turn onto an oven-proof dish and finish cooking in preheated oven at 200deg for 6 mins or until cooked.
- Assemble salad on plate topped with salmon garnish with lemon cheek and coriander.
- Equipment: oven proof dish, mixing bowls frying pan potato peeler.