Peach Chutney & Eye Beef Fillet
- 400g tin peaches
- ½ cup sultanas
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- Tbs brown sugar
- First drain the tinned peaches and soak the sultanas in the juice.
- Next finely dice and sauté the red onion and garlic in a medium to hot pan for 2 minutes.
- Add the cumin, turmeric and chilli powder and cook for a further 2 minutes trying not to burn the spices.
- Dice the drained peaches and add them to the pan with the sultanas and a little of the juice.
- Cook for another 2 minutes before adding some brown sugar to taste.
Serve with a lovely beef eye fillet on mash or your preferred roast. It goes with anything!
Log in to watch this video
If you don't already have an account, sign up free to enjoy all Māori Television's content OnDemand