This reo Māori documentary series showcases reo excellence of Native speakers from Te Arawa. Available On Demand.
Mai i tona timatatanga kua tu a Maui TV hei kamupene Māori e kaha ana ki te hiki, ki te whakatairanga i te reo Māori ki tona ikeiketanga. Koira tonu tino te whai; he whakamanawa i te reo, kia kia rangona ai ki roto i nga kainga, nga waahi mahi puta noa i Aotearoa.
Established in 2001, Award Winning Television Company Maui TV Productions is renowned for producing quality Reo Māori programmes, documentaries and series. Maui TV has been involved in lead roles at significant Māori events, such as Te Matatini and the Tangihanga of the Late Māori Queen, Te Arikinui Te Ata-i-rangi-Kaahu.
Listed are a few Maui TV Produced programmes:
- Ngā Tāngata Taumata Rau - Ngā Tamariki ō Te Kohu - A reo Māori documentary series showcasing reo excellence
- Ngā Tāngata Taumata Rau - Ngā Waru Pūmanawa
- Kai Time On The Road - a culinary journey of Aotearoa NZ.
- The Black Legacy - War documentary with Whirimako Black as she traces the footsteps of her father who served in the 28 Maori Battalion.
- Joe's World On A Plate - Cooking show with international Master Chef, Joe McLeod
- Toa o Aotearoa - Māori Warrior Reality Fighting show
- Playschool - the original BBC TV show re-produced in Te Reo Māori
- Whatukura - a male panel show offering advice to troubled viewers who write in.
- Tipi Haere - a travel series through Italy identifying commonalities in Reo and Tikanga, between Italiani and Māori.
With vast experience in reo programming (hundreds of hours produced) Maui TV is committed to the revitalisation and normalisation of Te Reo Māori in Aotearoa and abroad.
Maui TV works with Te Reo Māori using this simple but effective philosophy:
Ko te Reo Māori, kia Māmā, kia Mārama, ka mutu, Kia Tika!
PRODUCER: REUBEN COLLIER
Reuben is a producer and is also the owner of Maui TV Productions with a successful track record as an Independent Producer for 15 years.
Reuben Collier was awarded the Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit (MNZM), for services to the television industry and Māori at the 2017 New Years Queens Honours.
Graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree with first class honors, Reuben is enrolled to complete his Doctorate studies. Reuben is a former TVNZ Māori Programmes Director / Reporter and is experienced at working on both Māori and English programmes.
He has taken part in developing uniquely Māori storytelling screen formats for indigenous and mainstream audiences. He has also directed numerous documentaries, in New Zealand and abroad, including Versace, Sciascia, Custom Made, Arekahanara, The Black Legacy and O.B Directed the Māori Queen’s tangihanga.
He is a native speaker of Reo Māori and is of Ngāti Porou and Rereahu descent.