• Oven bake modelling clay
• A bamboo stick
• An oven.
1. First, soften the clay by squeezing and rolling it on a flat surface. This will make it easier to mould.
2. Next, take a piece of the clay and roll it out so it’s about 5mm thick, then shape it into either a tapa toru or taimana. Today, we’re going to do both.
3. Next roll small strips of clay, use them to create designs to make your pendant even cooler – remember there are no rules so get as creative as you’d like here.
4. Gently press your designs on to the pendant, then use the bamboo stick to make decorative lines.
5. Make a hole in the topside of your pendant to thread a string through it.
6. Lastly, place your finished pendant on a foil covered baking tray and follow the baking instructions of the modelling clay.
7. Once it’s completely cool, thread the prepared hole with string.
And there you have it, a beautiful neck pendant that you can either wear yourself or gift to a loved one.