Jump to navigation
Jump to content
TV show sub navigation
EPISODE 20 - Tornado in a Jar
- Jar with lid
- Dishwashing liquid
- Fill the jar 3/4 full of water. You can use any type of jar for this as long as it is round & has a lid.
- Put in one teaspoon of vinegar and one teaspoon of dishwashing liquid. The vinegar just helps to disintegrate any bubbles from forming so that you can easily see the tornado
- Sprinkle in a small amount of glitter. This is optional, we like to put the glitter in to represent debris swirling around the tornado
- Close the lid and twist the jar to swirl the water and see a vortex like a tornado form in the center of the jar.
- To add some colour, you can simply drop some food colouring into the water!