EPISODE 12 - Square Bubbles
Learn how to make Square Bubbles.
- 6 pipe cleaners
- 6 straws
- Bubble wand
- A bowl of water
- ½ cup of dishwashing liquid
- And 2 tablespoons of sugar
- First, use the scissors to cut each of the six pipe cleaners and straws in half. You’ll have twelve pieces of each.
- Next, twist three of the fuzzy sticks together at an end to make triangular, pyramid-shaped parts. You’ll end up with four, three-legged pieces.
- Now, slide a piece of straw onto each fuzzy wire leg. Some of the fuzzy wire should stick out of the straw on each leg.
- Build the cube by twisting the fuzzy wire ends on one component to the ends on another component. Connect the legs until the cube is complete. Make it as even a shape as you can.
- Now it’s time to make the bubble mix by adding the dishwashing liquid and sugar to the bowl of water - your bubble mix is now good to go.
- When you and your bubble solution are ready, dip the cube shape into the solution. Let it sit in the solution a few seconds and lift it out by holding on to two corners. Giving the cube a gentle shake helps the soap film even out itself and causes excess solution to drip back into the bucket. Set the “square” bubble on a flat surface to keep the bubble film stable.
- Next use a bubble wand to drop a bubble into the centre
- And there you have it a square bubble!