Jump to navigation
Ūpoko 9 - Hanawiti Tītī
- 1 small pottle Crème Fraiche
- 3 Tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- 1 small handful Watercress Rau
- 1 Juice of a lemon
- Salt and White Pepper to taste
Method for Tītī:
- Cover tītī with cold water, bring to the boil and then reduce heat and continue to cook for at least 45 mins (tītī is ready when you pull back leg of the bird and it is ready to give).
- Remove from water and then grill the tītī. Once golden brown remove and let cool a little.
- Remove the skin and set aside, then remove all the meat and shred/cut into small pieces.
- Put the skin into a hot frying pan and crisp further (pukka).
Method for Watakerehi Kirīmi:
- Whizz together the watercress, lemon juice and yoghurt, then gently mix in the crème fraiche. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with flat bread, yellow capsicum, baby cos lettuce, green onion, cucumber and micro greens.