Jump to navigation
- 1x whole snapper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2x cloves minced garlic
- 1x carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
- Handful of fresh thyme, leaves stripped
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch brown sugar
Stir Fried Cabbage
- ½ Red cabbage
- ½ Cabbage
- 2x carrots
- 2x clove garlic
- Olive oil for frying
- Gut, clean and scale the snapper, Pat the fish dry and cut 5 slits on each side of the fish.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside
Prepare spicy topping:
- Slice onion, Chop garlic finely,
- Peel and slice carrot into thin strips, set aside with onion and garlic.
- Chop thyme finely, Horopito powder and set aside.
Prepare stir fired cabbage:
- Slice cabbages thinly, Peel and thinly slice carrots, Chop garlic finely, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot and add butter.
- Carefully place the fish in the pan and fry until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove fish and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
Cook spicy topping:
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrot and garlic to the pan; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add thyme, horopito, vinegar, water, salt, and sugar and continue cooking until onions have softened and liquid has reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Stir fry cabbage once all spicy topping ingredients have been added.
Stir fry cabbage:
- Add oil to another skillet and heat
- Add garlic, cabbages and carrots and stir fry for 5 mins.