- 2 egg whites
- 180g caster sugar
- 1 tsp malt vinegar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 150ml cream
- 40g fresh strawberries
- 40g fresh raspberries
- 120g mixed berries
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Fresh mint
For the strawberry coulis
- 200g mixed berries
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- ¼ tsp glucose
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Lightly oil and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites slowly adding the sugar until it peeks.
- Add the vinegar and cornflour and whisk further 5 minutes.
- Spoon onto the paper and shape into a dessert mound with a flat surface.
- Bake for 15 minutes until meringue rises and pale golden. Set aside to cool.
- Make the coulis. Blend the berries, glucose and icing sugar.
- Have prepared cream whisked to soft peaks.
- Turn the Pavlova out onto a plate.
- Spread the cream evenly on top and sides of the Pavlova.
- Top each with some berries and dust with icing sugar.
- Drizzle the strawberry coulis around the plates to serve