- Tomatoes ‐ roughly chopped
- cucumber ‐ thickly sliced
- capsicum (red and green) ‐ cut in long thin strips
- red onion ‐ sliced into thin rings
- feta cheese ‐ cut into cubes or just roughly broken up
- olive oil ‐ extra virgin
- salt, pepper
- pinch of dried rigani or oregano
- vinegar (optional)
- Place all the vegetables into a salad bowl as you cut them up
- Keep the juices of the tomatoes as you cut them and add this to the bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper and a little dried rigani then crumble the feta cheese over the top.
- This can be neatly cut in cubes or simply broken up and tossed into the salad as they used to do in the country!
For the Greek salad dressing,
- Use the olive oil and a couple of dashes of good quality vinegar, whisk the oil and vinegar together then pour the dressing over the salad using as much as your tastes dictate.