Fussen Panfried Snapper
- 180g snapper fillet
- 40ml olive oil
- 80g carrots (cut into long batons)
- 80g celery (cut into long batons)
- 80g white onion (thinly sliced)
- ½ cucumber
- 10 pieces chives
- 150ml Fish Jus (fish stock reduced by half)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 heads of spinach
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Clean the fillet by removing any unwanted gristle and trimming to desired size.
- Slice the cucumber into long strips (julienne) and place alongside the chives and hold in ice cold water.
- In a small pot pour the fish, add the fish trimmings, carrots, onion and celery and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook the vegetables until tender.
- Strain into a clean pot and leave aside, dispose the fish trimmings but retain the vegetables for added garnish for our dish.
- In a small preheated pan add some butter and season the fish fillet with salt and pepper.
- Add the fish fillet and quickly seal about four minutes each side then remove from the pan fry keeping it warm on a clean plate.
- In and another pot, heat it up until it is quite hot, quickly add the butter and in quick succession add the spinach, put a lid on it and give the pot a good shake.
- When the spinach has cooked add the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.