Black Forest Torte
- 1 chocolate sponge cake (pre‐made)
- 120ml cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 200g grated dark chocolate
- 100g chopped chocolate
- 180g bottled morello cherries
- 60ml Kirsch (optional – add to the cream)
- 40g icing sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the chocolate sponge into three slices ‐ leave aside for later.
- Drain the cherries into a colander save the juice ‐ remove any stones keeping the cherries whole.
- Whip the cream with icing sugar and vanilla essence.
- On top of the first sponge we moisten it with some of the cherry juice, then we spread a thin layer of cream on top adding some of the cherries and the chopped chocolate.
- Place the next sliced sponge on top.
- Adding a little of the cherry juice first then carefully spread the cream on top. Add some the cherries and more of the chopped chocolate.
- Carefully place the last sponge cake on top then cover the sides and smooth carefully off with a spatula knife. Place some cream on the top and smooth out as well.
- Decorate the top with the cherries and the grated chocolate.