Raw Trevally Salad with Pomegranate
- 500g sashimi-grade trevally, trimmed
- 1 ripe but firm paw-paw, preferably red, peeled, seeded, quartered and cut into thin 2x3cm diamonds
- 1 large pomegranate, seeded
- 2 long red chillies, halved, seeded and cut into julienne
- 3 green spring onions, cut into julienne and placed in iced water
- 3 golden eschalots, finely chopped
- 1 telegraph cucumber, peeled, then cut into long thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler, core discarded
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 long red chillies, finely chopped
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 eschalot, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander roots, minced 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green spring onion, finely chopped
- For the dressing, place all the ingredients in a bowl, season to taste and combine well.
- Cut the fish into 5x15cm blocks, then thinly slice against the grain.
- Arrange the fish on a large serving plate and scatter all the other salad ingredients over the top.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.