Ūpoko 3 - Jamus Webster
Bio: Jamus Webster (Te Arawa & Tūhoe) is a Maori Weaponry expert, Mau Rakau instructor, TV presenter and actor. He was the weaponry expert on the Māori language movie, Deadlands and is currently presenting the Māori general knowledge quiz show Patapātai on Māori Television. He’s also a kapa haka tutor and performs with Waka Huia.
Type of Exercise: Waewae workout! A traditional leg conditioning routine – warrior training!
Intensity level: High impact
Instructor: Jamus Webster
Main exercise moves that feature in this episode: Nekehanga Tapuwae, (Following the footsteps of our ancestors)
- Whakapakari Waewae (Strengthening the Legs) and Warrior Training
- Papa Horonuku is a squatting dance to strengthen and stretch the legs and improve balance.
- Tū Waewae = Footwork drills
- Tū Mārō = Stand strong
- Kōwharawhara Pakiaka = Footwork training grid
- Whakaropiropi Ai = Cat and mouse catch me if you can type of drill.