Ūpoko 10 - Kai Ora
Kai Ora – Nutritional tips and recipes
Chef/Nutritional expert: Levi Armstrong
Meal Planning – Failing to plan is planning to fail.
Here’s some tips for a daily plan;
- Breakfast – 3 Weetbix and fruit, fresh is best, but if tinned go for unsweetened, avoid sweetened water or syrup.
- Morning Tea (Kai Kinikini = Snack) – A hand full of almonds, banana (fruit and nuts are good food combining).
- Lunch – Brown bread, keep it to two slices, not four or six! For the filling, tuna is good for protein, also egg or chicken.
- Afternoon Tea – Hua Rakau (fruit) is low in calories, high in fibre, and lots of energy.
- Kai Whakamutunga (Dinner) – Lean meats and vegetables, stir fries are quick.