Wild Pork with Mushroom and Marsala
Wild pork with Mushroom and Marsala
- 1 large onion
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms
- ½ cup brown mushrooms
- ½ cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil for frying
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- Bunch of parsley
- Prepare the onions and mushrooms by slicing them thinly. If your pork has bones, cut them away and then give the meat a pounding with the flat side of a tenderiser or rolling pin.
- Flatten the pork until it is around 8ml thick.
- Pour the flour in a bowl and season with salt and pepper before draining your pork through. Cook it in hot oil for a couple of minutes on each side until brown. Add the onions and mushrooms and let them cook down a bit.
- Pour in the marsala wine and let it boil away until it has thickened up and the pork has cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper and pop on a garnish of chopped parsley.
Log in to watch this video
If you don't already have an account, sign up free to enjoy all Māori Television's content OnDemand