Fruit Flambe Sundae
• 2x Apples
• 2x Pears
• ¼ cup Icing sugar
• ¼ cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
• 1x teaspoon vanilla essence
• ½x teaspoon clove
• 1x teaspoon nutmeg
• 150g Butter
• ½ cup soft brown sugar
• ¼ cup Cointreau
• CHOCOLATE SAUCE
• 200g Dark Chocolate
• 200g Cream
• Peel apples and pears - remove core and thinly slice. Place into a bowl with icing sugar, orange juice, vanilla essence, cloves & nutmeg.
• In a pan melt butter and sugar - stir until sugar has dissolved.
• Add apple and pears, stir and simmer for 5 mins. Add Cointreau and light to burn off alcohol.
• Remove from heat and make sauce.
• For the Chocolate Sauce
• Heat cream in a medium sized pot until nearly boiled – do not boil.
• Add chocolate pieces to hot cream, put lid on and leave for 2 mins or until chocolate is melted.
• Whisk chocolate and cream until combined.