Episode 2 - Marie's Roast Beef
- 1kg - 1.5kg piece trimmed beef fillet - Korepe pīwhi
- 3 tbspn Wholegrain mustard - Kano mātete
- salt and pepper - Ngao pepa, tote
- 6 small potatoes halved - Parareka
- 3 kumara cut into 12 pieces
- ¼ pumpkin peeled 12 pieces - Paukena
- 12 small broccolini - Pūpihi
- 2 tbspn horseradish (from jar - Masterfoods) - uhikura taratara
- ½ cup firmly whipped Cream - Kirimi
- 200gms Butter - Pata
- 1 tspn Horopito
- 1 tbspn finely chopped sage - Rauora
- 100ml Olive Oil -Hinu oriwa
Method: For Roasting Beef and Vegetables.
- Cut all your vegetables to around the same size, mix them with enough olive oil to cover the outsides, then salt and pepper. Place in roasting dish and roast at 170c for 25mins. Remove from oven, cover with foil to keep warm.
To cook the meat.
- Rub the beef all over with mustard and salt and pepper.
- In a pan heat olive oil, enough to seal all sides of the beef, then place the beef in a roasting pan and cook in oven for 15mins at 190c (use meat thermometer, should read 50c) – once cooked rest for 6mins.
- Boil the broccolini for 2mins in salted water.
- Mix together the horseradish and the cream.
- Whip butter until soft, add horopito and sage. Roll in cylinder shape with gladwrap and refrigerate.
- Place your hot roast veges and broccolini on the plate, place a slice of beef on top, finish by adding a spoon of horseradish cream and a slice of chilled horopito butter.
More posts from this episode