Tohutao: Ūpoko 8 - Nana’s Banana Cake
- 125g Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Mashed Bananas
- 2 Tbsp Warmed Milk
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa
- 25g Butter
- 4 Tbsp Water
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Essence
Method for Banana Cake:
- Pre-heat oven to 180⁰C.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each.
- Add mashed banana and mix thoroughly.
- Stir Baking soda into hot milk and add to the mixture.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and fold into mixture.
- Place into a greased and lined cake tin and bake for approximately 50 minutes until golden brown. You can stick a knife into it, when comes out clean, it’s ready!
Method for Chocolate Icing:
- Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl.
- Add butter.
- Add sufficient water to mix to a spreadable consistency.
- Flavour with vanilla essence.