How to: Poached Eggs
Ever wondered how to get great poached eggs? Sounds simple but adding a splash of vinegar helps to set the egg white.
- Fill a medium sized pot with a third of cold water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, and add a splash of vinegar —the vinegar helps to set the egg white.
- With a slotted spoon, create a whirlpool with the boiling water.
- Carefully break each of your eggs into a small cup before you slide them nice and slowly into the simmering water.
- For soft poached eggs give them 2 ½ minutes, for firmer poached eggs give them about 3 ½ minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon (shaking off any excess water to avoid soggy toast!).