There are a few simple things we can do to help ensure we keep ourselves healthy and stop the spread of sickness to our whānau and friends. For more info and tips on staying well visit health.govt.nz/covid-19
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 if you have any symptoms and have been recently been overseas or have been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19.
COVID-19 Alert Level
Following Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern's State of the Nation Address, New Zealand remains within Alert Level 2 of the COVID-19 Alert Level plan