Jump to navigation
Jump to content
TV show sub navigation
- 2 cups sultanas
- 250g butter, chopped in small pieces
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon essence or almond essence
- 3 cups Champion standard plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Edmonds baking powder
- Put sultanas in a saucepan.
- Cover with water.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Add butter.
- In a bowl beat sugar into eggs until well combined.
- Add sultana mixture and essence.
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Mix sifted ingredients into fruit mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a greased and lined 20cm square cake tin.
- Bake at 160°C for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
More posts from this episode