Join host Kahurangi Maxwell on Whānau Bake Off for exquisite kai and friendly whānau competition. Amazing bakers share their finest recipes, tastiest dishes and most useful baking tips but who will win the whānau bragging rights?
- 125 gms of butter
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup of flour
- 1 Tbspn of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 Tbspn of cocoa
- 1 cup of peanuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream butter and sugar together really well until it is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to the butter and sugar mixture and mix together.
- In another bowl sift all of the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together until they are combined with no lumps.
- Lastly stir peanuts into the batter. The mixture should be thick enough that you can easily pick up balls. If the mixture is too wet or sticky, add a little more flour.
- Take heaped spoons of dough and roll into balls. Flatten slightly with a fork on a tray. The brownies will spread naturally as they cook so don’t flatten them too much.
- Cook brownies for 20 minutes. When you can smell that delicious baked, fresh cookie scent, they’re ready.