Join host Kahurangi Maxwell on Whānau Bake Off for exquisite kai and friendly whānau competition. Amazing bakers share their finest recipes, tastiest dishes and most useful baking tips but who will win the whānau bragging rights?
- 1 ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Whipped cream
Make the Crust
- In a large bowl, mix the graham crackers and sugar.
- Slowly pour in the butter. Mix crust ingredients until the butter is evenly distributed.
- Prepare a greased 9-inch springform pan by wrapping aluminum foil around the bottom of them to prevent leakage from the water bath.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan.
Make the Cheesecake Filling
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Place a large shallow pan filled with 1/2 inch of water into the oven to create a water bath.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Gradually beat in the sugar, sour cream, flour, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the eggs and lime juice and continue to beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the springform pan.
- Place the pan into the water bath in the oven.
- After 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 50-60 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to cool for four hours or more.
- Serve with whipped cream.