Whānau Bake Off will test the culinary skills of keen NZ'ers and some of New Zealand’s most well-loved personalities.
(served with whipped cream and a burst of fruits)
Prep time 10 mins, cook time 1 hour 30 mins
He keke māmā te mahi.
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 4 eggs
- Juice & finely grated rind of 4 lemons
- 2 cups grapeseed oil
- 1 ½ cups plain yoghurt
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Mix sugar, eggs, lemon, lemon rind & juice, yoghurt in a food processor.
- Mix well.
- Add flour and salt, mix to combine.
- Transfer to lined and greased tin (12 x 18”).
- Bake for approx. 1 hour 30 mins or until springy to touch.
- Cool before turning out.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with whipped cream.