Join host Kahurangi Maxwell on Whānau Bake Off for exquisite kai and friendly whānau competition. Amazing bakers share their finest recipes, tastiest dishes and most useful baking tips but who will win the whānau bragging rights?
(served with whipped cream and a burst of fruits)
Prep time 10 mins, cook time 1 hour 30 mins
He keke māmā te mahi.
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 4 eggs
- Juice & finely grated rind of 4 lemons
- 2 cups grapeseed oil
- 1 ½ cups plain yoghurt
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Mix sugar, eggs, lemon, lemon rind & juice, yoghurt in a food processor.
- Mix well.
- Add flour and salt, mix to combine.
- Transfer to lined and greased tin (12 x 18”).
- Bake for approx. 1 hour 30 mins or until springy to touch.
- Cool before turning out.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with whipped cream.