Join host Kahurangi Maxwell on Whānau Bake Off for exquisite kai and friendly whānau competition. Amazing bakers share their finest recipes, tastiest dishes and most useful baking tips but who will win the whānau bragging rights?
- ½ Cup Plain Flour
- 2 Tbsp Dutch Cocoa
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 150ml Milk
- 60ml Rice Bran Oil
- 6 Squares of White Chocolate
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a small bowl. Make a small well in the centre, and whisk in the milk and the oil. Whisk well until the batter has no clumps.
- Pour batter evenly into 2 or 3 microwave-safe mugs. Do not fill to the top of the mug; leave at least a 2cm gap between the batter and the top of the mug.
- Place 2 squares of white chocolate into each mug, pushing it down to ensure it's covered by the mixture.
- Place mugs in the microwave, and cook for 2 minutes. If you have a particularly powerful microwave, cook for 90 seconds, and then check it - you want the cake to have risen a little, and the top to be cooked, but still be gooey on the inside.
- Serve with cream if you're feeling decadent.