Join host Kahurangi Maxwell on Whānau Bake Off for exquisite kai and friendly whānau competition. Amazing bakers share their finest recipes, tastiest dishes and most useful baking tips but who will win the whānau bragging rights?
- 125g Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Mashed Bananas
- 2 Tbsp Warmed Milk
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Cup Icing Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa
- 25g Butter
- 4 Tbsp Water
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Essence
Method for Banana Cake:
- Pre-heat oven to 180⁰C.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each.
- Add mashed banana and mix thoroughly.
- Stir Baking soda into hot milk and add to the mixture.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and fold into mixture.
- Place into a greased and lined cake tin and bake for approximately 50 minutes until golden brown. You can stick a knife into it, when comes out clean, it’s ready!
Method for Chocolate Icing:
- Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl.
- Add butter.
- Add sufficient water to mix to a spreadable consistency.
- Flavour with vanilla essence.