Clean Caramel Slice
- 3 C of Chopped pitted dates (soaked in hot water)
- 4 ½ C of desiccated coconut
- 3tbs of cacao – or cocoa
- 2tbs of coconut oil or butter (This will add dairy)
- 2 C of Chopped pitted dates (soaked in hot water)
- 1 C coconut cream
- 3tbs of pure maple syrup
- 2tbs butter melted
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ½ cup cacao butter
- ¼ cup of cacao – or cocoa
- 4 tbs of pure maple syrup or honey
- Chop your dates in half and place in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow the dates to soak for 10-15mins or until the dates are deliciously tender, then drain all the water from the bowl and set a side.
- Add the dates, cacao and 4C of coconut to a blender or food processor and blitz on a medium speed till they have combined well. Melt the coconut oil or butter and drizzle over the mixture and blitz on a low speed until you have a slightly chunky but slightly damp mixture. With the remainder ½ c of coconut slowly add it in depending on how dry or wet you want the texture to be.
- Press the mixture in to a slice tray lined with baking paper and leave it in the freezer to harden for 10 – 15min
- Add tender dates, coconut cream, melted butter & maple syrup to a food processor and blend till you get a thick and creamy consistency.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the chocolate base - and leave in the freezer to harden for an extra 5 minutes.
- Melt the coconut oil, cacao butter and maple syrup together and slowly whisk in the cacao. Allow to cool to touch then pour over the slice. Because the slice will already be cold the topping should harden quickly . Now for the fun part – cut in to slices and dig in!