Join host Kahurangi Maxwell on Whānau Bake Off for exquisite kai and friendly whānau competition. Amazing bakers share their finest recipes, tastiest dishes and most useful baking tips but who will win the whānau bragging rights?
- 2C flour
- 3/4C cocoa powder
- 2C sugar
- 1tsp b powder
- 2tsp b soda
- 1tsp salt
- 1C milk
- 1C vege oil
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 3tsp milo or coffee (depending on whether im feeding kids) (though if im feeding Jo's kids i would add extra coffee!) in 3/4C boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 (fanbake).
- Grease and flour a standard cake tin
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- Add eggs, vege oil, vanilla essence, milk. Add milo or coffee in boiling water last and mix.
- Bake for approx 45 mins in the oven. It will be ready when a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the cake tin for 15-20 mins.
- Place on a cooling rack. Ice when cool.
- 250g butter
- 1/4 c milk
- 3/4 cup cocoa (not cadbury though)
- 2 c icing sugar
- Whip butter while heating in pot.
- Add cocoa and icing sugar gradually, then gradually add milk while still whipping. (You might find you have some extra icing left over.)