Join host Kahurangi Maxwell on Whānau Bake Off for exquisite kai and friendly whānau competition. Amazing bakers share their finest recipes, tastiest dishes and most useful baking tips but who will win the whānau bragging rights?
- 125 gr butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 500 gr mince
- 1 packet brown onion gravy
- 1 T tomato sauce
- Mix filling ingredients together leave to stand.
- Rub butter and flour together until mix resembles pebbles.
- Add cheese
- Add milk slowly until the mixture comes away from the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Knead on bench for 2 minutes, roll pastry into a ball cover with plastic wrap and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll pastry out to 2 mm thick
- Cut into 10 to 11 cm circles.
- Divide filling evenly between pastry discs.
- Place filling on middle, wet edges slightly and deal by pressing down with your fingers.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.