Call for Nominations: March 12 – April 13 2018
Matariki Awards 2018 recognises and celebrates outstanding Māori excellence and success. This is an opportunity to acknowledge and honour those individuals and organisations whose passion, innovation and dedication is making a difference to our communities and country.
Nominations for the 2018 awards are now open. Terms and conditions apply.
- Te Whetū Maiangi Award for Young Achievers – inspirational rangatahi proactive in social and community situations, motivating and encouraging others.
- Te Ururangi Award for Education – trailblazers making a significant contribution to the development of mātauranga Māori or Māori knowledge.
- Te Waipuna-ā-Rangi Award for Arts and Entertainment – creative professionals leading the way in literature, performing arts, media arts or visual arts.
- Te Tupu-ā-Rangi Award for Health and Science – healthcare and science experts dedicated to improving the physical and mental wellbeing of New Zealanders.
- Te Waitā Award for Sport – extraordinary men and women excelling in the sporting arena both at home and overseas.
- Te Tupu-a-Nuku Award for Business and Innovation – game changers in their field making an impact and driving our economy and society forward.
- Te Waitī Award for Te Reo and Tikanga – individuals championing the revitalisation of the Māori language and culture.
- Hiwa i te Rangi Award for Community – a new category in 2017 showcasing Māori groups and organisations that play a vital role in the social, economic, cultural and environmental prosperity of their rohe (region).
- Te Toi o Ngā Rangi Lifetime Achievement Award – an individual who has made outstanding contributions in their field over their career.
Fill in the form to enter your nomination.