Kura Productions is a joint venture between Quinton Hita and South Pacific Pictures and was formed in 2004. It offers a range of programming to Māori Television Service and other broadcasters in New Zealand.
Kura Productions now ten years on, works include;
- Five series of Tōku Reo – a beginners language learning series based on the Te Whanake framework of Professor John Moorfield.
- Four series of Kupuhuna – a Word Quiz show in Te Reo Māori
- Nine series of Pūkoro – the fun reo Māori kids show for under 5’s
- Search4Stars – a seven episode rangatahi talent competition through secondary schools
- Five series of Kōwhao Rau, two series of Taniwha Rau and one series of Matangi Rau – shows focused on the dialect of these tribes and sharing between two generations
- Te Kati – The Goethe Mystery, a documentary following the stories of the Gotty whānau and links to the great German icon Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- And the box office smash-hit Mt Zion.