Kitchen Kura sees 13 students share their recipes with the master, chef Rex Morgan, and then serves them up for their closest and dearest to critique.
White Chocolate Brownie
- 500g butter - Pata
- 400g dark chocolate - Tiakarete parauri
- 500g soft brown sugar - Huka paraone
- 1 tsp vanilla essence - Hā wanera
- 6 eggs - Heki
- 3 cups plain flour - Puehu parāoa
- ¼ cup cocoa - Kokoa
- 1 tsp baking powder - Pekana parāoa
- Block of White chocolate - Tiakarete mā
- Grease and line your trays with baking paper.
- Melt butter and dark chocolate in microwave or over a double boiler pot.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla. Mix well
- Add lightly beaten eggs mix till velvety.
- SIFT in flour & baking powder and cocoa. Mix well but do not over do it.
- Spread into tray.
- Add chunks of white chocolate depending on how you intend to cut the finished brownie so every piece has 1 or 2 pieces of white chocolate in it.
- Bake at 180°C for around 30 to 40mins. My oven is gas so may cook differently to yours. Cool and dust with icing sugar.
Makes 20 Pieces (2 trays)
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries - Ranunga hua
- 1 cup caster sugar - Huka kuoro
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan.
- On a low heat, blend together then Simmer for 2mins.