Kitchen Kura sees 13 students share their recipes with the master, chef Rex Morgan, and then serves them up for their closest and dearest to critique. Available On Demand.
White Chocolate Brownie
- 500g butter - Pata
- 400g dark chocolate - Tiakarete parauri
- 500g soft brown sugar - Huka paraone
- 1 tsp vanilla essence - Hā wanera
- 6 eggs - Heki
- 3 cups plain flour - Puehu parāoa
- ¼ cup cocoa - Kokoa
- 1 tsp baking powder - Pekana parāoa
- Block of White chocolate - Tiakarete mā
- Grease and line your trays with baking paper.
- Melt butter and dark chocolate in microwave or over a double boiler pot.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla. Mix well
- Add lightly beaten eggs mix till velvety.
- SIFT in flour & baking powder and cocoa. Mix well but do not over do it.
- Spread into tray.
- Add chunks of white chocolate depending on how you intend to cut the finished brownie so every piece has 1 or 2 pieces of white chocolate in it.
- Bake at 180°C for around 30 to 40mins. My oven is gas so may cook differently to yours. Cool and dust with icing sugar.
Makes 20 Pieces (2 trays)
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries - Ranunga hua
- 1 cup caster sugar - Huka kuoro
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan.
- On a low heat, blend together then Simmer for 2mins.