Kitchen Kura sees 13 students share their recipes with the master, chef Rex Morgan, and then serves them up for their closest and dearest to critique. Available On Demand.
Deconstructed Pavlova - Purini kahu wewete
- 5 egg whites size 7 kahu heki
- ½ cup sugar huka
- 1 tspn vanilla essence hā wanera
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut kokonati maroke
- 1 cup cream kirīmi
- 2 tblspns passion fruit syrup miere hua ripeka
- Petals of 3 edible flowers kai putiputi
- 25 gms dehydrated fruit hua maroke
- Whisk egg whites and slowly add sugar during the whisking process, add vanilla essence and whisk until peaks form.
- Lightly grease oven tray and lay a sheet of greaseproof paper over tray. You can grease the greaseproof paper also if you wish.
- Spread mixture over the paper evenly (about 1cm deep) with a spatula and sprinkle coconut over the top.
- Bake at 180°C for approximately 10-15mins until lightly golden brown.
- Place on rack to cool.
- When pavlova is cold evenly spread over 1 cup of whipped cream, and sprinkle with dehydrated fruit and roll into a roulade.
- Let it sit to stick together for a few minutes.
- Slice into 8 pieces.
Cherry Compote - Tieri ranu huka
- 1 cup frozen cherries, tieri mātao
- ½ cup sugar, huka
- In small sauce pan bring the cherries and sugar to the boil, simmer for 4mins and leave to cool.
- To serve place 2 pieces of pavlova on the plate, spoon cherry compote onto plate, add passionfruit syrup and edible flowers and crushed dehydrated fruit.