Kai Time on the Road explores the traditional foods and flavours of real people in Aotearoa.
Seared Yellow Fin Tuna Steaks
- 1x Large yellow fin tuna
- 3x Atoki (kina)
- Bunch of parsley
- Bunch of coriander
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2x tablespoons of garlic powder with parsley
- Salt and pepper 2x lemons
- Skin the tuna.
- Cut off a large fillet on one side of the tuna.
- Place the fillet on a chopping board and cut into medium sized chunks, add to large bowl.
- Crack open Atoki. Pull out roe and add to bowl.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Finely chop parsley and add to bowl.
- Finely chop coriander and add to bowl.
- Pour over olive oil.
- Add garlic powder with parsley to bowl, along with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze over lemon juice.
- Pick up the kina roe and squeeze into bowl, then mix all ingredients together.
- Place tuna steaks on a hot grill and turn to cook evenly.